Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wanna know what I ate today? ;)

Just a little virtual food diary for the day. I tried keeping a food journal before...it really helps you stay on track with healthy eating because you tend to hold yourself accountable for what you eat throughout the day if you have to go back and look at it in writing at the end of the day. However, I'm always misplacing my notebook and pen so I just thought this was easier - take a picture and keep it in a blog! Obviously I'm not going to post a public blog of my meals everyday (that would be dumb) but every once in a while or when I try a new recipe, why not? :)

Breakfast:
Plain greek yogurt (Fage brand) mixed with organic honey, ground flaxseed, walnuts, and pomegranate seed. Then I topped it with a few organic raw pumpkin seeds.

Lunch:
Whole wheat wrap with hummus, ground flaxseed, turkey, romaine lettuce and avocado. Grapes and pumpkin seeds.

Dinner:
Tacos! My favorite :) I made them just like you normally would but with 99% lean ground turkey, and used plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Also, in place of taco shells I used lettuce to wrap them. Then I have organic blue corn and sesame seed chips and mashed avocado. I was really surprised Matt liked the "lettuce wrap taco"!

That was today's food. I didn't have any snacks today which is not typical for me. I was going to eat a mango but I just wasn't that hungry today. Oh, I did stop at the candy store at the mall and get some chocolate though...couldn't resist ;)

Happy Tuesday night!





No comments: