Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ins and Outs

Hmmm....I started a blog 6 months ago and only posted one - nice. Oh well, I've been busy and have been traveling like crazy. Anyway, I've seen a couple of blogs like this and I thought it would be fun to do one. Its pretty self explanatory, In's and Out's (at least my opinion of what's In and what's Out!) Okay, here goes:

In:
MAC Cosmetics ~ It seems that no matter how much makeup I collect, I can never have enough of this brand. I love absolutely everything about it - the colors, textures, packaging, the way it smells. Everything. If you don't wear MAC...you should. I don't care if you're a guy or a girl. Ha J/K!

Carrie Underwood ~ no explanation needed. She is so fabulous.

Facebook ~ I love being able to talk to friends and share pictures and see what's going on with people through social networking. Also, I have caught up with so many "long lost" old friends on FB. Most of which I probably wouldn't have been able to contact any other way.

Charlotte, NC ~ I love this city. My Husband and I are trying really hard to move there. I have no way of knowing for sure if it will definitely work out, but I really hope it does. I mean who knows, it may not be in the cards for us and if it's not I'll be okay with it. We're really close so we can always visit, plus I love where I live now too!

Makeup tutorials on YouTube ~ I always watch these in my spare time. It's so fun (to me anyway) to see other peoples ways of applying makeup (yes I'm obsessed with makeup!)

Saturday night Church ~ our church does a Saturday evening service and we just went to it (as opposed to Sunday morning) last week and it was fun!

My maltese, Stevie ~ no explanation needed. She'll never be an "Out". She is the most awesome dog ever.

Target ~ I broke up with Target last year because they wouldn't let me return a broken camera that I had just bought from them. Long story short, I refused to go to Target for about 6 months, but in the end everything worked out (I got the camera working with some help from Kodak) and now Target and I are back together and I don't have to settle for Wal Mart ;)

Water ~ No, not just the kind you drink...I'm talking about Oceans, Pools, Lakes, Rivers - any large body of water that you can swim in. Or take a boat ride on. We've done A LOT of traveling this year and I've discovered that I really love love love being near water. I love the sounds and the little (or big) waves that it makes. Boats are my new thing!

Okay, now for the Outs:

This crazy weather ~ It was SO COLD here this past winter. Like, colder than ever!! And it snowed a lot for the South. I hate snow. And now, it is so freaking hot outside. I can't take the extreme weather this year. Yowza.

Taylor Swift ~ I liked her for about 5 minutes a while back but Good Lord the media has run that girl into the ground. I've kinda gotten to the point where I can't stand her voice anymore. Sorry, I know that's bad to say. Oh well.

Rude, crazy people ~ I've come in contact with so many Crazies this year. It's really not that hard to be nice. It's actually kind of fun, I don't understand why so many people in this world are so mean and psychotic. Definitely out!!

NYC ~ I know a lot of people will disagree with me about this one and it's my own opinion. I totally see the appeal of this city, the lights, non-stop action, all the things to do. However, it is just not at all for me. I've visited there twice (Matt and I have a friend who lives there and if he reads this he will kill me, sorry Bassam!! I still love you friend!!) The first time we went I thought I just didn't like it because it was so cold. So we decided to go again in June when the weather was better. We had a good time and did some fun stuff but I just can't get into it. I hate not being able to drive myself to where I want to go, the subways are so gross, there are rats everywhere, and there are just too many people!! I know there's lots of shopping but hey, I have internet service - online shopping is always an option or I can just go to my favorite city - Charlotte :) Just not my thing, I'm a southern girl for life I guess.

Can't think of anymore outs. That's a good thing I guess! Hope you enjoyed.

4 comments:

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Just found your blog, love it! I love love love Charlotte, NC!

Renee said...

Thank you :)

Miss Southern Prep said...

I've never been to Charlotte, but I really want to go! I went to Raleigh and Chapel Hill this summer and it was so pretty! Hope you're having a great weekend!

P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway that you should check out!

Renee said...

You should definitely check out Charlotte, it's awesome!